Table of Contents Hide
- What does a Director of Finance do? | Job Responsibilities
- What is the Average Salary Director of Finance?
- How do you become Director of Finance
- What is the salary of an Assistant Director of Finance?
- What is the salary of a Senior Director of Finance?
- What is the national average for an Associate Director of Finance?
- How much does a Director of Finance in Technology Earn?
- What are the Top 10 Cities with the Highest Paying Finance Director Jobs?
- Frequently Asked Questions
A Director of Finance is an expert who ensures the financial stability of the company’s finances. This professional evaluates the financial market and finds solutions to any problems that may arise while providing management with reports regarding the financial condition of the company in order to make crucial decisions about the future of investments or budgets.
To find out what the average salary of the director of finance, read this article.
What does a Director of Finance do? | Job Responsibilities
Whether you want to carve a niche for yourself in the finance world and as a director or you want to have the knowledge of how much a director of finance earns, it’s not out of place to find the responsibilities this individual carries out in the workplace.
- Planning the business by studying the company’s performance and risk
- Maintaining a constant understanding of the company’s financial condition and taking action to avoid difficulties
- Setting up and managing the finance IT system of the company.
Also Read: TALENT ACQUISITION MANAGER: Job Description & How To Become One
Working as a Director of Finance
Being a director in finance means that you must be competent in:
- Reviewing the financial environment and market trends to plan strategies for the future.
- Assisting financial staff in the completion of tasks like paying the bills, keeping track of financial data, and invoicing.
- Making sure that all contracts are in line with the financial objectives of the business.
- Creating strategies for corporate fundraising and maintaining relationships with partners and investors.
- Training finance staff to learn best methods.
- Controlling financial risks associated with growth, policies, investments and more.
- Controlling tax and auditing duties.
What is the Average Salary Director of Finance?
The average salary for the Director of Finance is $230,643 per annum in the United States. The average additional pay is $78,400 annually and it may include commissions, cash bonuses tips, commissions, and profit sharing.
How do I get a position as a director for Finance?
Being a director of finance usually takes at least 10 years. The time frame includes between five and six years at the undergraduate and graduate levels with at least 5 years of an experience as a manager in the financial sector.
What is the job outlook for the Director of Finance?
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor and Statistics, the employment growth director of finance jobs, which is listed as a financial manager, is projected to increase by 16% between 2018 and 2028.
This is much higher than the average for all occupations and suggests that there are significant opportunities to be had over the next 10 years.
How do you become Director of Finance
The following steps are for you to take if you wish to become a director of finance.
#1. Earn a relevant degree
You typically require a minimum of a Bachelor’s level in economics, financial accounting, business administration, or finance. A lot of employers prefer candidates to hold an advanced degree in economics, finance, or in business administration.
#2. Gain Experience
Working in specific roles can help build your experience. A few finance jobs that can lead to becoming a director include:
- Controller of Finance
- Senior finance analyst
- Accounting Manager
- Chief finance executive
- Senior manager of finance
#3. Find Professional Certifications
Getting certifications within the area of finance could enhance your career and stand in employment. There are various certifications you can look into based on the area of expertise you wish to pursue.
Read This: SENIOR ACCOUNTANT: Job Description, Qualifications and Salary
What is the salary of an Assistant Director of Finance?
The average Assistant Director of Finance salary is $76,599 with a salary range of $64,251 to $90,524.
What is the salary of a Senior Director of Finance?
Senior Directors of Finance earn salaries ranging from $126,838 to $262,500 in the United States, with a median income of $126,838.
Senior Directors of Finance in the middle 50% earn $126,838, while the top 75% earn $315,000.
What is the national average for an Associate Director of Finance?
The typical Associate Director Of Finance salary in the United States is $107,065 per year, with a salary range of $91,179 to $127,503.
How much does a Director of Finance in Technology Earn?
In the US, the average Director of Finance earns about $159,381 while the average bonus is $23,209, or 15% of their pay.
In Houston, Directors of Finance earn the highest averaging about $191,559 annually which is 20% more than the national average.
What are the Top 10 Cities with the Highest Paying Finance Director Jobs?
There are 10 places where the average remuneration for a Finance Director is higher than the national average. Check out the list below to find them.
|City||Annual Salary||Monthly Pay||Weekly Pay||Hourly Wage|
|Green River, WY||$114,320||$9,526||$2,198||$54.96|
|San Francisco, CA||$106,764||$8,897||$2,053||$51.33|
|Cool Valley, MO||$105,019||$8,751||$2,019||$50.49|
Frequently Asked Questions
It takes at least 10 years to become a director of finance. This time span encompasses 5-6 years of college and graduate school, and at least 5 years of management experience in a financial profession.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor and Statistics, job growth for directors of finance, listed under financial managers, is expected to grow by 16% from 2018 to 2028.
A Director of Finance handles the company’s long-term financial health and growth.
This article provides you with the required information that you seek about a director of finance salary, how to become one, and the states where you can highest as a director of finance and I hope it serves a purpose in your new found career path.