Google has been working on native call recording support in its Phone app for some time now. We first spotted some evidence back in January this year, and even managed to fully activate the feature a few days later. As expected, the owners of the Google Pixel series of smartphones received this feature first, followed by a bunch of Nokia devices that are part of the Android One initiative. It seems that the Mountain View giant is getting ready to expand the roster as several Xiaomi users now have access to the call recording module on the Google Phone app. You’ll usually find them outlined on the same site where you downloaded the images from. Just remember that in most cases, flashing a factory image will completely wipe your phone. In case you wish to further improve your Note 8’s performance, you can also try out the new BaeBae kernel.
At the time, a Xiaomi spokesperson had revealed that the company had managed to sell over one million Redmi Note 8 series devices within a month of its launch in the country. Samsung smartphones radiate its ingenuity and expertise in the area of hardware. While the same is not 100% true for its software, Samsung has been taking feedback from the consumers and has improved its software experience significantly with the new Android 9 Pie-based One UI. General Public Licence v2, better known as GPLv2, mandates every Android smartphone manufacturer to publicly release the part of Linux kernel code that they have shipped on their smartphones. OEMs like OnePlus and POCO are known for providing Day 1 source code release while others often take their sweet time to fulfill their legal obligation.
LineageOS, an open-source Android distribution, is available for several devices, with more being continuously added thanks to the biggest, yet ever growing, Android open-source community.
- Most recently, the developers added support for the Redmi K20, Redmi K20 Pro, Nokia 7.2, and Nokia 6.2.
- The Redmi Note 8 Pro is the latest flagbearer of one of Xiaomi’s most successful product lineups, succeeding devices like the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro.
- The venerable Samsung Galaxy S7, Galaxy S8, and the Galaxy Note 8 are the latest to join the Android 13 custom ROM party.
- I am expecting that you will be able to root Redmi Note 8 M1908C3JGG (biloba) using Magisk Manager v8.0.7 without experiencing problem after reading the tutorial written in Androidbiits.com.
- While devices in the US, Canada, China, etc. receive the Qualcomm Snapdragon chipset, most other regions receive devices with an Exynos chip.
- The android device comes equipped with a “stock ROM,” also known as the “stock firmware”.
It includes many UI elements and other things like Ringtones, Boot animation, and wallpapers from Pixel OS. Are you looking for a Custom ROM to install on your Redmi Note 8 Pro but confused about which one to choose? Then check out this list we compiled of best Custom ROMs for Redmi Note 8 Pro. All the Custom ROMs on the list are selected after looking at their update frequency, stability, and performance. An unofficial build of LineageOS 15.1 based on Android 8.1 Oreo is now available for the Exynos Samsung Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8+, and Galaxy Note 8.
A Nandroid backup is a full system backup created in the recovery. You should create one every time you flash a new ROM or install any kind of mod. It’s the first tool you should use if you ever need to unbrick your phone. Our open-source apps are here to help you get through the day. Android developers will turn any device into the perfect device for apps development thanks to enhanced tools and exclusive APIs.